MH943TWS Megahome Water Distiller, Glass Collection
- 1 Year Warranty
- BEST QUALITY: Full 304 stainless steel boil chamber, dome, and cooling coils. Outer shell of distiller body is also metal unlike many cheaper units made with plastic.
- PUREST WATER: Distills 1 gallon per 5.5 hours. Distills at the proper speed, removing unwanted toxins and contaminates. BPA-FREE parts. Water only touches stainless steel and glass.
- GLASS COLLECTION: As the distiller produces pure steam distilled water, the water drips into a porcelain lined nozzle and then into your glass collector. The last thing you would want is to buy a distiller that purifies the water and at the same time contaminates it with cheap plastic parts. The Megahome distiller keeps your water pure and clean.
- UL LISTED / APPROVED: UL (Underwrites Laboratory) is a trusted independent global safety science company that thoroughly tests products to determine if they comply with important safety standards. Megahome distillers are the only UL approved water distillers available. If you would not by an oven or coffee maker without UL listing, would you buy a water distiller that is not UL listed?
The Megahome MH943TWS countertop water distiller completes 1 gallon of pure steam distilled water in 5.5 hours. The distilled water produced is pure, and is suitable for any distilled water need. The boil chamber, including upper cover, and condensing coils are high grade 304 Stainless Steel. It comes with a high quality glass collection bottle with a lid and handle are made of food-grade polypropylene, and the lid is removable for convenience. Distilling your own water can't get any easier, simply fill the boil chamber, press the start button and walk away, the distiller will automatically shut-off at the end of the cycle. The outside body of the distiller is a white enamel coated steel that is very durable and will hold up better than similar distillers constructed of plastic. Click here to find out what makes Megahome distillers special.
What sets us apart from the competition? Well it's not just our great product and price, to be honest, it's our service. We have been in business for over 20 years. We are here to help you find the right water distiller and to help you with technical questions, support, and even repair parts, if you happen to need them in the future.
- Stainless steel boiling chamber including stainless steel dome.
- Distiller Output -16 liters(Over 4 gallons)/day
- Size: 8 in.(20cm) width X 14 1/4 in.(36cm) height.
- Power source: AC 120V/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 580W (Total) Heater 565W / Cooling Fan 15W
- Weight: 3.5 Kg(7.7lbs)
- Capacity: 4 L.(1 gal.) per 5.5 hours.
- Warranty: One Year, Parts and Labor.
- Water distiller
- Detachable power cord
- Condenser top
- Residue cleaner, 250g(8oz.) (A $10.00 value, included.)
- 6 Carbon filter packs (A $10.00 value, included.)
- 1 Gallon glass collection bottle
- Porcelain Nozzle Insert
Here are a few ways to use your distilled water in addition to drinking.
- Excellent for coffee and tea
- Use in humidifier
- Use to make colloidal silver
- Use in CPAP machine
- Use in iron and other appliances
- Use in autoclave for dental offices
Comparison chart of the Nutriteam distiller vs competitors
Cheap unbranded Distillers
1-year parts and labor. 30-day return policy. Replacement parts available
1-year parts and labor. 30-day return policy.
|30-returns. No warranty, no available replacement parts.
|UL Listed (as a safe appliance)
|Charcoal Filter Style
|High quality activated charcoal sachet, separate filter from nozzle. Allows it to be optional and is less expensive to replace.
Part of plastic nozzle. Not optional, more expensive to replace.
Low quality sachet that does not filter correctly. No replacement parts available.
|Optional Glass Nozzle Insert
|Cost Of Replacement Filters
|$14.95 for 12 filters good for 360 gallons.
|$38.00 for 6 filters good for 360 gallons.
|$51.00 for 6 filters good for 360 gallons
|Manufacturer Of Distillers
|Megahome, for over 22 years has manufactured only water distillers.
Waterwise, 30 years in the water distiller business.
|Manufactured in China with no company name associated. Cannot find manufacturer details or contact info.
|Splash Over Protector
|No, not needed. Distills at the correct temperature to keep contaminates out of the condensing coils.
|Yes, because the higher wattage causes the unit to boil hard and potentially distill the water too quickly.
|Yes, because the higher wattage causes the unit to boil to hard and potentially distill the water too quickly.
|Outer material used for white distillers.
|Heavy gauge steel, white enamel coated.
|Steel and Plastic, plastic does not hold up well over time and discolors.
|Plastic is used, does not hold up well, discolors over time and could be dangerous.
|Outer material used for stainless distillers.
|Heavy gauge brushed stainless. Similar to most appliances, very durable.
|Light gauge polished stainless. Smudges easily, dents easily.
|Glass Collection Bottle
|Yes, durable with a sturdy handle. Top is completely removable for easy cleaning. Cost to replace $45.00.
|Yes, durable with a sturdy handle. Top is completely removable for easy cleaning. Cost to replace $59.00.
|Not available. Most chinese made distillers include a plastic jug that contains BPA.
|Customer Reviews Of The Distillers
|Yes, hundreds! You can find reviews of our distillers on steamdistiller.com, Amazon.com, Youtube and other websites. It is the highest rated and most loved countertop distiller on the internet.
|Yes, some reviews, but far less reviews can be found. Waterwise is not as highly rated where reviews are found.
|Reviews can be found on Amazon. Most reviews are very short-term because units don't last. In addition new listings are made regularly to avoid negative reviews.
|What protects the units from over heating?
|Megahome distillers which are UL approved are required to have a thermal switch and a thermal fuse. A circuit breaker does not protect in anyway against overheating and would be unsafe to use in a heating appliance. Using a thermal switch and thermal fuse protects the appliance and you from overheating or power surges.
|The cheap chinese distillers do now contain a fuse to protect your home and distiller from overheating and potentially burning up. This is why they are not UL approved and are potentially hazardous.
|Which unit should I buy?
|Buy the Megahome distiller if safety, great price, high quality, available parts and service are important to you. Our reviews and long track history tell the truth. Only Megahome units meet all the above criteria.
|Buy the Waterwise if the brand name is the only thing important to you.
|Buy the cheap chinese distillers if price is everything, you are not concerned about the safety of the product.
Due to recent outbreaks of blue-green algae especially in Lake Eerie, we have recently been asked:
"Will your water distiller remove cyanobacteria or microcystins from a contaminated water source?"
Yes. Microcystins are a genus of Cyanobacteria are cyclic heptapeptides (toxic peptides with seven amino acids and are therefore a solid or particulate that is removed in the distillation process. Boiling is not effective against Microcystins because they are resistant to a wide range of temperatures.
Boiling the water concentrates the toxin because of the resulting loss of steam in the boiling process.
Distillation on the other hand is the process of boiling water and capturing the resulting steam that rises. The steam leaves behind the contaminates, including bacteria and resulting chemicals, such as Microcystins.
We are confident that you will be very satisfied with your investment in one of our water distillers. Remember you don't have to take our word for it, just look at the reviews from our customers.